*This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid® – thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
I’m getting into the holiday spirit, and cupcakes are never a bad idea…especially these cute Christmas wreath cupcakes! I used to bake and decorate wedding cakes, birthday cakes, and holiday cookies to help my hubby get through pharmacy school (see my favorite creations HERE!), and every once in a while, the buttercream bug bites and I pull out my decorating supplies! These little wreaths were simple to make, and I sent them along with my husband to the hospital pharmacy where he works to give a boost and a bit of joy to his coworkers. I love using the Rubbermaid® Holiday TakeAlongs® (find yours HERE) to keep my Christmas treats organized, sealed tight, and convenient to carry! They come in fun, festive colors, too! See below for how to make these cute Christmas wreath cupcakes inspired by and adapted from a pic I saw on The Cake Blog!
-baked and cooled cupcakes
-white icing for top layer
-1 C each of 3 different green colored buttercreams (use my favorite recipe HERE!)
-1/4 red buttercream (I use gel icing HERE)
-1/2 brown buttercream
–plastic piping bags
–small leaf tip
–small star tip
–small round tips
- Start by inserting the inner part of the coupler into a piping bag and trimming off the tip of the bag about a half inch down.
- Add a small round tip and affix with the coupler ring.
- Add brown icing to the bag and create 2-3 circle layers around the outer edge of the top of the cupcake.
- Using the small round tip, add it to a bag of green icing and create pine branches by piping small connecting lines flowing around one side of the wreath.
- Add a small leaf tip to a different color green bag of icing, and pipe small holly leaves randomly on top of the pine branches.
- Add a small star tip to a third color of green icing, and use this to dot small evergreen leaves around any holes left in the wreath.
- Using a small round tip, pipe tiny red berries on top of the evergreen decorations for berries! Once slightly dry, use your finger to press down any pointy tips left on the berries from pulling up on your piping bag.
Do you love to bake for others for the holidays? I know this year is going to be so different for many, but a sweet treat from a friend can sure bring a smile. When you get to baking, be sure to grab some Rubbermaid® Holiday TakeAlongs® (I got mine through Walmart Pickup, or you can grab them from an endcap in-store) to make treat transport that much sweeter. You’ll always know your treats will be secure, and bonus – these containers are freezer safe! Hope you like these cute Christmas wreath cupcakes! The girls and I sure did when we snuck a few earlier… 😉 Happy baking, friends!